Frequently Asked Questions
How do I arrange to take individual lessons?
- You simply choose an authorized teacher from Find A Teacher and introduce yourself through e-mail or a phone call. The teacher will take it from there.
Does the teacher need to be located near me?
- Not necessarily. Since the majority of the teaching is done by phone or Skype, location isn't a major factor in deciding who to call from the list of affiliates. Most teachers will travel when necessary to teach a class at your location.
Is there an introductory course that I can take?
- There is. Many of our teachers offer organized classes in the fundamentals of Analytical Reading for five or more students at a time. Some teachers organize a class in their own area and advertise the time and place. A class can also be planned for your location upon request. In addition, teachers can introduce any individual to the basic principles on the phone. The introductory class usually takes about 10 hours and can be covered over a two-day period, on a weekend or any other time mutually convenient to student and teacher.
What are the costs involved?
- There is a fee for the introductory class as well as for individual lessons. Each teacher sets his or her own fee and makes arrangements for payment with each student, individually. For such a unique offering, most people find it very affordable.
If I decide to take lessons do I have to do any prep work before each one?
- No. It is helpful to the teacher, however, if you can provide ahead of your session a copy (through fax or email) of the material you will be working with.
Where can I buy a copy of Nedra Lamar's book?
- Nedra Lamar's book can be ordered here or other online retailers.
Will I sound like my coach?
- No. You will sound like you.
How Can I Contact The Institute of Analytical Reading?
- You can contact us through this easy form.